Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Final Countdown


Tomorrow is the day. The time has been flying by and all of the things that I thought I would have time to accomplish have somehow slipped by. So here I am the day before trying to figure out how to pack. Here I am procrastinating even further. 


The Last Weekend
It was a long weekend as i'm sure most know. An excellent opportunity to get out of the smog and spend a weekend at the cabin. 
Plenty of relaxing, games, and eating was accomplished. Looking through scrapbooks of my grandparents world travels got me excited to start my own. I have to think that they are partially responsible for my need to see the world. Such great examples of people who had a zest for life!



Along with relaxing I had some time to do off-road excursions and ride the beloved Casper. I am so lucky that I am able to spend weekends like this!






 I will miss my little bro


John and I on Tabby Mountain

I will also miss this little clown!




Nothing better than some quality time with the fam, John, and Abbey (the family dog). It was bitter sweet to leave when the weekend was over. 

Tomorrow I have roughly a 20 hour flight, which includes a red eye, and will arrive in Milan around 11 am Friday morning. I will then make my way by train to Como. I will be staying with my mom's, friend's niece and her family, the Eilders. I am so grateful for them for being willing to put me up for a couple of days until I can check into my apartment on Monday. They are saving me a huge chunk of money that I would otherwise have to spend staying in a hostel. Hopefully this money that i'm saving can go to a weekend trip travelling somewhere! 

From what i've learned about Como, mainly by watching Ric Steves, its a beautiful city placed around Lake Como which is a tourist destination as well as local destination near the border of Switzerland. I am so blessed to be able to have my first weekend to start sight seeing as well as getting accustomed to Italy. Big thanks to the Eilders family! 

Stay tuned for my next post from Italy! 

Arreviderci! 



No comments:

Post a Comment