Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Boscovich 2


My living space in Italy.

I live on a street called Boscovich and we are 2 of 2 apartments owned by the housing service in this building hence the 2 in the title. We are about a 10 minute walk from the famous shopping street, Buenos Aires. 

I have 5 other roommates and I share a room with one other person. My favorite part about my apartment is that we are within 5 minutes walking distance of Milan's central train station, Milano Centrale. Many of the international trains also depart from Milano Centrale making traveling an easy gig. It's a 10-15 minute metro ride from school, our apartment has a great location and it's a pretty good space as well.
 
My roommates have been really great, we have a good time going out or staying in together. It has been nice to live with two girls who have already been here for a semester so that they can direct us on how to travel, where to eat etc. One of my roommates is also fluent in Italian so that has come in handy more than a couple of times. She also offered to help me with my Italian! I decided to skip the lessons at school which cost an extra 600 euro and see how much I can pick up on my own. Or if i'm unsuccessful take classes when I get back to Utah and then make another trip to Italy! 

I share a room with Caroline, she is from North Carolina and has an adorable southern drawl. We both have the same ideals as far as neatness (or lack thereof) which has been nice not having to stress about being too messy.

We are equipped with 2 bathrooms, a living room, kitchen and 3 bedrooms.
Kitchen
Small Bathroom complete with water heater
above the shower.
Big Bathroom
Front Entrance
Our living room 
From our balcony to the left, at the end of this
street is Buenos Aires.
View to the Right, at the end of this street and
to the right is Milano Centrale.
Front view from the Balcony
Caroline's side of the room
Last but not least my side of the room.
Often it's hard to understand how much history is connected with each building especially buildings that I constantly use. Milano Centrale whether viewed during the day or at night is stunning. Below are some pictures of the train station, I will try and post more photos later with better views of the intricacies of the design. 

 Bit of History
Mussolini wanted this train station to represent the strength and power and fascist regime. 



No comments:

Post a Comment